If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Kaiseki 懐石料理 and Ramen at JR Kyoto station, train Bento, Kyoto Japan


I have heard of  Kaiseki 懐石料理  but never try before. Finally i got a chance to try this in Kyoto. On the last day, we went to this restaurant located at the JR Kyoto train station (if i could remember it located at the 10th floor)..
IMG_3481


IMG_3374

IMG_3371


IMG_3352

We have a nice view from where we were seated..
IMG_3356

We had a total new experience on the difference taste of all these fine and unique Kaiseki dishes...Every taste is new to me !! You have to try out Kaiseki at least once if you visit to Japan one day..
IMG_3354


IMG_3355


IMG_3357

IMG_3358

IMG_3359

IMG_3360

IMG_3361

IMG_3362

IMG_3363

IMG_3364

IMG_3365

IMG_3366

IMG_3367

IMG_3369

IMG_3372

IMG_3373

This meal total cost us JPY 5900, JPY 2600 (RM100) and JPY 3300 (RM120) per set respectively..

IMG_3375


Kyoto Ramen Koji(京都拉麺小路) is a Ramen street also located at the 10th Floor of JR Kyoto train station.You can try any kind of Ramen all over Japan at Kyoto Ramen Koji. Let see what ramen that we had..

IMG_3377


IMG_3378

very easy, just order your ramen through this machine..

IMG_3379

IMG_3382

IMG_3383

We had Char Siu Ramen at this restaurant

IMG_3385

IMG_3483

One thing i noticed all restaurants here providing free flow of drinking water..Unlike our restaurant here still need to pay a dollar for a glass of plain water.

IMG_3484

We ordered chicken Karaage (refer my recipe here), hot and juicy, yum!

IMG_3485

We orderd these Char Siu Ramen with thick pork soup base..tasted quite good. We are appreciate their effort to prepare such a rich soup base but we feel that the soup is too thick and too rich to our liking, like we eating the whole pig, hahaha..We still prefer the Miso Ramen we had in Shi Ten Noh Ramen 四天王拉麵 Osaka (check out in next few posts).

IMG_3486


IMG_3487

After Kyoto, our next destination is Osaka

IMG_3490

I bought a bento set to enjoy in the JR train. Another new experience for me ...
See all the bentos selling in this ekiben or station bento are so tempting !!

IMG_3488

This was my 1st bento in the train..

IMG_4184

16 comments:

PH said...

Lau nuar loh! See all the nice and beautiful food you had at the Kaiseki, I feel like want to experience it too.

CQUEK said...

absolutely gorgeous !!

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

怀石料理好精致
对啊,去日本的时候,至少要尝试一次:)

yvonne said...

Wah... look at all the food!

The bento set is very presentable, I bet it must be delicious as well~

Baby Sumo said...

I love kaiseki meals, they are always so beautifully presented. Btw, if u wanna try kaiseki in KL, u can try Fukuya, they do a pretty good one.

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

Sonia, I've also heard of kaiseki meals from reading the hong kong magazine but no chance to try yet! Looks of yummy food here! How's holidays so far? Indulge yourself in the market buy buy buy, hahaha!

Ana Regalado said...

I'm always amazed at the Japanese way of food presentation ! The food always look picture perfect that it's a shame to actually eat it ! lol Wonderful photos , Sonia !

Agnes CF Lee said...

japanese food presentation is an art to me, they are always nicely arranged and in a very creative manner.

Sokehah cheah said...

All the food you posted look so tempting and the bentos are so artistically done!

My Little Space said...

Sonia, I am drooling! Showing me all these scrumptious food early morning it's like killing me softly. haha... Especially all those beautiful bento set. I might get myself the biggest one. haha.... Sounds like pretty greedy, right! You know, I don't want to regret after that if I only get the smaller package. I always enjoy trying new food whenever I on a trip.
Have a lovely day!
Kristy

Vaporizer Review said...

Oh Man that food looks so good, I WANT NOW!!!! I did just rip my Palm portable vaporizer so it might be altering my thoughts but still looks delicous

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I loves japanese foods the most, hehe...

Elaine said...

Such beautiful and delicious looking food! Yes, must try one day...

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

Glad you tried kaiseki ryori for the first time! It's really a basic root of what Japanese food is all about (all the food theories). Seems like you tried so many things in a short visit, Sonia!!

lena said...

sonia, seeing all these makes me feel like going for japanese food tmrw, i know it's nothing near there but at least can help my cravings temporary!

Joshujsc said...

Lau nuar loh! See all the nice and beautiful food you had at the Kaiseki, I feel like want to experience it too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin